EXTINCTION DIALOGS: HOW TO LIVE WITH DEATH IN MIND
Co-Author of Extinction Dialogs, Guy McPherson will be speaking and signing books during the later part of September in Northern California. Please find the dates, times and venues below.
CLIMATE CRISIS – Are we there yet? An evening with Guy McPherson
Dr. Guy McPherson, Author, Lecturer, EcoBiologist, Emeritus Professor from the University of Arizonza and author (Extinction Dialogs, Going Dark, Walking Away from Empire), has been connecting the dots of climate science for over 10 years and writing on the topic since 2006. He hosts a radio show and blog called “Nature Bats Last.”
His tireless research leads him to believe that “our civilized way of life” is creating rapid changes to climate and habitat and this is bad news for most species on Earth, including Humanity. Warming oceans and atmosphere, melting ice and methane releases all working together to create runaway climate change that will affect every aspect of our lives.
In the words of syndicated political cartoonist David Fitzsimmons, “His approach is disarming and his message is both life-changing and convincingly alarming. A blend of Paul Revere and Rachel Carson… A modern day John Muir with a global perspective.”
The powerful program is titled “Climate Crisis, are we there yet?”
Here are the upcoming events at which Professor McPherson will be signing his latest book, Extinction Dialog: How to Live with Death in Mind:
DATES, TIMES AND PLACES:
Nor Cal and Southern Oregon Tour,
For more information, contact Peter Melton: Peter.Melton3@gmail.com
- 23 September 2014, Cabrillo College, Aptos, CA, 6 pm Hort Building
- 24 September 2014, Hartnell College, Salinas, CA, 10am and 7pm Sessions - room location TBA
- 27 September 2014, 1-3pm Meet and Greet, Pilgrams Way Boookstore, Carmel,CA
- 28 September 2014, Resource Center for Non Violence, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m., 612 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz, California
- 29 September 2014, 7:00 p.m., Sun Gallery, 1015 East Street, Hayward, CA
- 30 September 2014–6pm - 9pm - Colusa Hall 100B, Cal State Univ Chico, Community Forum
- Oct 1, 6pm – 8pm, 100th Monkey Cafe , 5th and Ivy, Chico
There is little doubt, that Extinction Dialogs will one day be heralded as a "revolutionary truth," during a time, that few will argue was rife with "universal deceit."
We look forward to seeing you there!
Kermit E. Heartsong