THE PUSHCART PRIZE
The Pushcart Prize: Best of the Small Presses series, published every year since 1976, is the most honored literary project in America.
Since 1976, hundreds of presses and thousands of writers of short stories, poetry and essays have been represented in our annual collections. Each year most of the writers and many of the presses are new to the series. Every volume contains an index of past selections, plus lists of outstanding presses with addresses.
The Pushcart Prize has been a labor of love and independent spirits since its founding. It is one of the last surviving literary co-ops from the 60's and 70's. Our legacy is assured by donations to our Fellowships endowment.
The following poems and short stories have been nominated for the 2015 PUSHCART PRIZE:
- Jessica Tyner - “Passing,” The Last Exotic Petting Zoo (Tayen Lane Publishing, 2014)
- Naomi Johnson - “After The Beating,” Flying With Broken Feathers (Tayen Lane Publishing, 2014)
- Maurine Killough - “The River Ganges,” Poems From Conflicted Hearts (Tayen Lane Publishing, 2014)
- Ankush Banerjee - “Paper Boats,” Procyon Short Story Anthology (Tayen Lane Publishing, 2014)
- Abigail Roeller - “Coffee Spoons,” Procyon Short Story Anthology (Tayen Lane Publishing, 2014)
- Allison Van Siclen - “Pretend That,” Procyon Short Story Anthology (Tayen Lane Publishing, 2014)
We are, of course, very excited for the authors and poets whose stories and poems have received votes sufficient to find them nominated for this prestigious award. We wish them all our very best. Bravo!